- Coaching young cricketers is a demanding role no matter how experienced you are. Youth Cricket Coaching provides an authoritative, practical, one-stop guide for all cricket coaches, teachers and players looking for ways to improve both young players' game and their own coaching methods.
- Using clear, jargon-free language, it starts with the fundamental principles and philosophies (such as outlining what makes a good coach and how to communicate with players and their parents), and takes the reader through managing practice sessions with various-sized groups or individuals, season-long planning and how to add value to your club. Coaching on a match day is addressed in a detailed section that focuses on selection, how to maintain a good relationship with the captain, and the importance of allowing players to think for themselves and learn from their mistakes.
- Other topics covered include: Structuring a coaching session,
- Keeping the kids interested and involved
- Finding the balance of instruction vs participation
- Planning and developing season-long practice programmes
- Maintaining interest and participation as players' skill levels develop at different rates
- How to get to the next stage as a coach.
- A broad variety of drills are included – all clearly illustrated with detailed photographs to ensure good technique – and broken down into sections on batting, bowling and fielding (including wicket-keeping), making this the must-have book for any youth cricket coach.
Standard - £6.35 (Monday to Friday) Delivery within 3-5 working days.
International - £29.95 To over 120 countries, within 7 - 14 working days.
Europe - £29.95 Delivery within 7 - 14 working days.
Please note: We cannot deliver on English public holidays or at specific times of day, unless otherwise stated.
We have a 30-day return policy, which means you have 30 days after receiving your item to request a return. Please make sure that the items are returned in their original packaging.
To a Store Bring your items and proof of purchase into store within 14 days from the day your parcel arrives, for a full refund via the original payment method. Or within 30 days, when you can either exchange your items or take a Gift Card to the value of your items.
By Post Please send your return by post or courier within 14 days from the day your parcel arrives for a full refund via the original payment method. Or within 30 days, when we will refund you with an eVoucher to the value of your items.
To start a return, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If your return is accepted, Items sent back to us without first requesting a return will not be accepted.
You can always contact us for any return question at email@example.com.
Damages and issues
Please inspect your order upon reception and contact us immediately if the item is defective, damaged or if you receive the wrong item, so that we can evaluate the issue and make it right.
Exceptions / non-returnable items
Certain types of items cannot be returned. Please get in touch if you have questions or concerns about your specific item.
Unfortunately, we cannot accept returns on gift cards.
The fastest way to ensure you get what you want is to return the item you have, and once the return is accepted, make a separate purchase for the new item.
We will notify you once we’ve received and inspected your return, and let you know if the refund was approved or not. If approved, you’ll be automatically refunded on your original payment method. Please remember it can take some time for your bank or credit card company to process and post the refund too.